Suppressing Ammonia Re-Emission with the Aid of the Co3O4[email protected] Catalyst in Ammonia-Based Desulfurization
- Tieyue Qi ,
- Lidong Wang* ,
- Yuguo WangYuguo WangHebei Key Lab of Power Plant Flue Gas Multi-Pollutants Control, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, North China Electric Power University, Baoding 071003, Hebei, ChinaMore by Yuguo Wang,
- Lei XingLei XingHebei Key Lab of Power Plant Flue Gas Multi-Pollutants Control, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, North China Electric Power University, Baoding 071003, Hebei, ChinaMore by Lei Xing,
- Lin ZhangLin ZhangHebei Key Lab of Power Plant Flue Gas Multi-Pollutants Control, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, North China Electric Power University, Baoding 071003, Hebei, ChinaMore by Lin Zhang,
- Jie Liu ,
- Huining Xiao* , and
- Shihan Zhang
The re-emission of NH3 and SO2 caused by the decomposition of (NH4)2SO3 is a crucial concern in ammonia-based desulfurization. In this study, a novel Co3O4[email protected] catalyst with a three-dimensional two-helix structure is proposed for converting (NH4)2SO3 into (NH4)2SO4. The oxidation rate of (NH4)2SO3 with the catalyst was 7.5 times that without any catalyst, and this improvement was attributed to appropriately dispersed Co3O4 nanoparticles with a size of 4–10 nm that interacted with the KIT-6 support. Therefore, the number of active sites with substitution and hole defects was substantially increased, which is advantageous for high catalytic activities. Consequently, the amount of NH3 and SO2 re-emission during (NH4)2SO3 oxidation was reduced by 43.9%, which considerably reduced potential environmental risks. The results of this study serve to advance ammonia desulfurization by improving the desulfurization efficiency, downsizing the oxidation tank, and generating considerable profit from efficient reclaiming of (NH4)2SO4 as a fertilizer.
This article is cited by 5 publications.
- Lin Zhang, Lei Xing, Jie Liu, Tieyue Qi, Meng Li, Lidong Wang. Synchronous catalysis of sulfite oxidation and abatement of Hg2+ in wet desulfurization using one-pot synthesized Co-TUD-1/S. Separation and Purification Technology 2021, 266 , 118546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2021.118546
- Tieyue Qi, Lei Xing, Zhimo Fang, Lin Zhang, Huining Xiao, Lidong Wang. Enhanced oxidation of sulfite over a highly efficient biochar-induced silica composite for sulfur resource utilization in magnesia desulfurization. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2021, 9 (22) , 13288-13296. https://doi.org/10.1039/D0TA10354C
- Lei Xing, Jie Liu, Tieyue Qi, Lidong Wang, Ze Wang, Shihan Zhang. Superior energy-saving catalyst of [email protected] for reclaiming byproduct in wet magnesia desulfurization. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2020, 275 , 119143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2020.119143
- Runlong Hao, Xingzhou Mao, Zhao Ma, Zhen Qian, Yichen Luo, Xu Zhao, Bo Yuan. Multi-air-pollutant removal by using an integrated system: Key parameters assessment and reaction mechanism. Science of The Total Environment 2020, 710 , 136434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.136434
- Yuguo Wang, Tieyue Qi, Mengxuan Hu, Yu Yang, Lei Xing, Lidong Wang. Simultaneous Catalysis of Sulfite Oxidation and Uptake of Heavy Metals by Bifunctional Activated Carbon Fiber in Magnesia Desulfurization. Catalysts 2020, 10 (2) , 244. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal10020244