Solid Base MgO/Ceramic Honeycomb Catalytic Ozonation of Acetic Acid in Water
MgO/ceramic honeycomb (MgO/CH) composite material was prepared by the excessive impregnation method, and its catalytic activity in ozonation of acetic acid at initial neutral pH value was investigated. It was found that the efficiency of ozonation in the presence of MgO/CH (81.6% acetic acid removal in 30 min) was greatly enhanced compared to that (only 18.7%) in the absence of MgO/CH under the same conditions. Besides the increase in pH value of the solution caused by MgO/CH, the surface active sites of MgO/CH also accelerated ozone decomposition, thus bringing about the further high efficiency of ozonation. Therefore, MgO/ceramic honeycomb is a potential catalyst in ozonation process.
This article is cited by 13 publications.
- Shanshan Zhang, Lilong Zhou, Zhengjie Li, Ali Asghar Esmailpour, Kunjie Li, Shuhuan Wang, Runjing Liu, Xiaoyan Li, Jimmy Yun. Efficient Treatment of Phenol Wastewater by Catalytic Ozonation over Micron-Sized Hollow MgO Rods. ACS Omega 2021, 6 (39) , 25506-25517. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.1c03497
- Zongwei Wu, Guoquan Zhang, Ruoyu Zhang, and Fenglin Yang . Insights into Mechanism of Catalytic Ozonation over Practicable Mesoporous Mn-CeOx/γ-Al2O3 Catalysts. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2018, 57 (6) , 1943-1953. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.7b04516
- Francisco Bernat-Quesada, Cristina Vallés-García, Eva Montero-Lanzuela, Antón López-Francés, Belén Ferrer, Herme G. Baldoví, Sergio Navalón. Hybrid sp2/sp3 nanodiamonds as heterogeneous metal-free ozonation catalysts in water. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2021, 299 , 120673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2021.120673
- Jingxiu Shen, Ning Gao, Yao Shan, Mingqing Liu, Jining Liu, Yuan Xu, Shubao Shen, Yingwen Chen. Catalytic ozone oxidation toluene over supported manganese cobalt composite: influence of catalyst support. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 2021, 147 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-15428-7
- Chun Cai, Xiaodi Duan, Xianjun Xie, Shuping Kang, Chanjuan Liao, Jiaming Dong, Yangfan Liu, Shaofeng Xiang, Dionysios D. Dionysiou. Efficient degradation of clofibric acid by heterogeneous catalytic ozonation using CoFe2O4 catalyst in water. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2021, 410 , 124604. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.124604
- Tongdong Shen, Wentao Su, Qiangqiang Yang, Jun Ni, Shaoping Tong. Synergetic mechanism for basic and acid sites of MgMxOy (M = Fe, Mn) double oxides in catalytic ozonation of p-hydroxybenzoic acid and acetic acid. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2020, 279 , 119346. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2020.119346
- Tongdong Shen, Xiaofang Zhang, Kun-Yi Andrew Lin, Shaoping Tong. Solid base Mg-doped ZnO for heterogeneous catalytic ozonation of isoniazid: Performance and mechanism. Science of The Total Environment 2020, 703 , 134983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.134983
- Xiaofang Zhang, Tongdong Shen, Yalei Ding, Shaoping Tong. Graphite Felt Supported MgO Catalytic Ozonation of Bisphenol A. Ozone: Science & Engineering 2019, 41 (6) , 541-550. https://doi.org/10.1080/01919512.2019.1593102
- Hailong Liu, Lu Chen, Li Ji. Ozonation of ammonia at low temperature in the absence and presence of MgO. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2019, 376 , 125-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.05.034
- Baowei WANG, Chao WANG, Shumei YAO, Yeping PENG, Yan XU. Plasma-catalytic degradation of tetracycline hydrochloride over Mn/ γ -Al 2 O 3 catalysts in a dielectric barrier discharge reactor. Plasma Science and Technology 2019, 21 (6) , 065503. https://doi.org/10.1088/2058-6272/ab079c
- Bing Wang, Huan Zhang, Feifei Wang, Xingaoyuan Xiong, Kun Tian, Yubo Sun, Tingting Yu. Application of Heterogeneous Catalytic Ozonation for Refractory Organics in Wastewater. Catalysts 2019, 9 (3) , 241. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal9030241
- Priscila Pereira, Breno Ferreira, Nathalia Oliveira, Eduardo Nassar, Katia Ciuffi, Miguel Vicente, Raquel Trujillano, Vicente Rives, Antonio Gil, Sophia Korili, Emerson de Faria. Synthesis of Zeolite A from Metakaolin and Its Application in the Adsorption of Cationic Dyes. Applied Sciences 2018, 8 (4) , 608. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8040608
- Lin Peng, Xiaobo Gong, Xinghong Wang, Zhao Yang, Yong Liu. In situ growth of ZIF-67 on a nickel foam as a three-dimensional heterogeneous catalyst for peroxymonosulfate activation. RSC Advances 2018, 8 (46) , 26377-26382. https://doi.org/10.1039/C8RA05024D