Hierarchical [email protected] Nanoflowers: Synthesis and Electrochemical Properties as an Advanced Negative Material for Alkaline Secondary Batteries
Hierarchical [email protected] nanoflowers have been facilely synthesized via a simple route based on a low-temperature solid-phase reaction. The obtained hierarchical [email protected] nanoflowers, each constructed of a number of nanosheets, display a three-dimensional architecture with an average grain size of about 300 nm. The electrochemical properties of the [email protected] nanoflowers as the negative material for Ni/Co cells have been systemically researched. In particular, [email protected] material exhibits high discharge-specific capacity and good cycling stability. The discharge-specific capacity of our [email protected] electrode can reach 612.1 mA h g–1, and the specific capacity of 415.3 mA h g–1 is retained at a current density of 500 mA g–1 after 120 cycles, indicating its great potential for high-performance Ni/Co batteries. Interestingly, the as-synthesized [email protected] electrode also exhibits favorable rate capability. These desirable properties can be attributed to porous pathways, which allow fast transportation of ions and electrons and easy accessibility to the electrolyte. The dominant electrochemical mechanism of [email protected] can be attributed to the reduction–oxidation reaction between metallic cobalt and cobalt hydroxide in alkaline solution.
This article is cited by 13 publications.
- Lina Zhou, Xiaosheng Qu, Dong Zheng, Haolin Tang, Dan Liu, Deyang Qu, ZhiZhong Xie, Junsheng Li, and Deyu Qu . Electrochemical Hydrogen Storage in Facile Synthesized [email protected] Carbon Nanoparticle Composites. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017, 9 (47) , 41332-41338. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b14163
- Hu-Jun Zhang, Qing-Chao Jia, Ling-Bin Kong. Metal-organic framework-derived nitrogen-doped three-dimensional porous carbon loaded CoTe2 nanoparticles as anodes for high energy lithium-ion capacitors. Journal of Energy Storage 2021, 451 , 103617. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2021.103617
- Ming Peng, Ying-Rui Lu, Yao Jiang, Jiao Lan, Yanlong Zhang, Ting-Shan Chan, Yongwen Tan. Revealing the asymmetric redox dynamics of a porous bismuth anode in an efficient Ni//Bi battery. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2021, 9 (39) , 22269-22276. https://doi.org/10.1039/D1TA06587D
- Qing-Chao Jia, Hu-Jun Zhang, Ling-Bin Kong. Cobalt nanoparticles encapsulated by nitrogen-doped carbon framework as anode materials for high performance lithium-ion capacitors. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 2021, 893 , 115326. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2021.115326
- Yanli Tan, Chunxiao Yang, Weiwei Qian, Xin Sui, Chao Teng, Qun Li, Zhou Lu. Carbon coated porous Co3O4 polyhedrons as anode materials for highly reversible lithium-ion storage. Journal of Alloys and Compounds 2021, 855 , 157387. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2020.157387
- Liuqing Li, Haiyan Zhang, Ao Cheng, Weihao Zhong, Zhaopeng Li. Recent discovery of a multifunctional metallo-organic precursor for fabricating Co3O4/N-doped porous carbon by one-step in situ pyrolysis as an anode material for Li-ion batteries. Journal of Materials Science 2021, 56 (2) , 1590-1599. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-020-05273-3
- Jiajing Wu, Jianghua Zhang, Yongjian Ai, Jifan Li, Xinyue Zhang, Ze-Nan Hu, He Wang, Qionglin Liang, Hong-bin Sun. Cobalt-promoted fabrication of 3D carbon with a nanotube-sheet mutual support structure: scalable preparation of a high-performance anode material for Li-ion batteries. Nanotechnology 2020, 31 (8) , 085402. https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/ab5477
- Gaoxue Jiang, Li Li, Zhengjun Xie, Bingqiang Cao. Facile fabrication of porous [email protected] nanowire as high performance anode material for lithium ion batteries. Ceramics International 2019, 45 (15) , 18462-18470. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.06.064
- Meng Huang, Ming Li, Chaojiang Niu, Qi Li, Liqiang Mai. Recent Advances in Rational Electrode Designs for High-Performance Alkaline Rechargeable Batteries. Advanced Functional Materials 2019, 29 (11) , 1807847. https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201807847
- Junjie Qiu, Engao Dai, Jiao Xu, Shucheng Liu, Yi Liu. Functionalized MOFs-controlled formation of novel Ni-Co [email protected] hybrid as the electrodes for supercapacitor. Materials Letters 2018, 216 , 207-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2018.01.038
- Li Li, Gaoxue Jiang, Huanrong Tian, Yijing Wang. Effect of the hierarchical [email protected] nanoflowers on the hydrogen storage properties of MgH2. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 2017, 42 (47) , 28464-28472. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.09.160
- Enbo Shangguan, Litan Guo, Fei Li, Qin Wang, Jing Li, Quanmin Li, Zhaorong Chang, Xiao-Zi Yuan. FeS anchored reduced graphene oxide nanosheets as advanced anode material with superior high-rate performance for alkaline secondary batteries. Journal of Power Sources 2016, 327 , 187-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2016.07.031
- Susanta Bera, Atanu Naskar, Moumita Pal, Sunirmal Jana. ZnO–graphene–polyaniline nanoflowers: solution synthesis, formation mechanism and electrochemical activity. RSC Advances 2016, 6 (47) , 40854-40857. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6RA05698A