Novel Flexible Self-Standing Pt/Al2O3 Nanofibrous Membranes: Synthesis and Multifunctionality for Environmental Remediation
- Yan WangYan WangKey Laboratory of Drinking Water Science and Technology, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, P. R. ChinaMore by Yan Wang,
- Sihui ZhanSihui ZhanCollege of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Tianjin 300350, P. R. ChinaMore by Sihui Zhan,
- Song DiSong DiKey Laboratory of Drinking Water Science and Technology, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100085, P. R. ChinaMore by Song Di, and
- Xu Zhao*
In spite of intensive research investigating the prevalent Pt/Al2O3 catalysts, achieving macroscopic morphology beyond the powder form limitations remains highly challenging. Meanwhile, current impregnation-based preparation approaches show the drawbacks of tedious procedures and inefficient use of noble metals. Therefore, it is important to search for new methods for the fabrication of Pt/Al2O3 catalysts with a novel morphology. In this study, a novel Pt/Al2O3 nanofibrous membrane catalyst is fabricated via a facile one-pot electrospinning process. The embedding of Pt nanoparticles is performed simultaneously with the formation of Al2O3 nanofibers. The Pt/Al2O3 membranes show remarkable mechanical properties with tensile stresses as high as 44.14 MPa. Notably, the Pt/Al2O3 membranes exhibit multifunctionality with excellent performance characteristics. The catalytic experiments indicate that 100% of bisphenol A is removed within 60 min, and 100% of CO is completely converted to CO2 at 242 °C when Pt/Al2O3 membranes are used as catalysts. The membranes also exhibit excellent filtration performance, clearly decreasing the turbidity of water, and meet the high efficiency of particulate air filter standards. The excellent flexibility, satisfying mechanical property, and multifunctionality extend the range of potential application of the Pt/Al2O3 membranes. Moreover, the facile synthesis suggests new possibilities for the fabrication of many membrane-form Al2O3-supported catalysts.
This article is cited by 8 publications.
- Fagui Lu, Song Zhou, Siqian Li, Haoyu Jiang, Bowen He, Jizhen Qi, Yixiao Zhang, Xi Liu, Jian Xu, Yongwang Li, Xi Liu, Liwei Chen. Strong Metal–Support Interaction over PtPdCu/Al2O3 toward Hydrogenation of Nitrobenzene. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2021, 125 (42) , 23205-23211. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.1c07437
- Hong Jiang, Yefei Liu, Weihong Xing, Rizhi Chen. Porous Membrane Reactors for Liquid-Phase Heterogeneous Catalysis. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2021, 60 (25) , 8969-8990. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.1c01378
- Silong Zhu, Jianfei Zheng, Sitian Xin, Longhui Nie. Preparation of flexible Pt/TiO2/γ-Al2O3 nanofiber paper for room-temperature HCHO oxidation and particulate filtration. Chemical Engineering Journal 2022, 427 , 130951. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2021.130951
- Lei Li, Xiaolian Liu, Gang Wang, Yalin Liu, Weimin Kang, Nanping Deng, Xupin Zhuang, Xinghai Zhou. Research progress of ultrafine alumina fiber prepared by sol-gel method: A review. Chemical Engineering Journal 2021, 421 , 127744. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.127744
- Juan Jiang, Na Ni, Weiwei Xiao, Xiaofeng Zhao, Fangwei Guo, Xiaohui Fan, Qi Ding, Wei Hao, Ping Xiao. Robust ceramic nanofibrous membranes with ultra-high water flux and nanoparticle rejection for self-standing ultrafiltration. Journal of the European Ceramic Society 2021, 41 (7) , 4264-4272. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2021.02.012
- Laura M. Henning, Amanmyrat Abdullayev, Cekdar Vakifahmetoglu, Ulla Simon, Hiba Bensalah, Aleksander Gurlo, Maged F. Bekheet. Review on Polymeric, Inorganic, and Composite Materials for Air Filters: From Processing to Properties. Advanced Energy and Sustainability Research 2021, 163 , 2100005. https://doi.org/10.1002/aesr.202100005
- Silong Zhu, Longhui Nie. Progress in fabrication of one-dimensional catalytic materials by electrospinning technology. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2021, 93 , 28-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2020.09.016
- Yan Wang, Shaohua Hui, Sihui Zhan, Ridha Djellabi, Jiayu Li, Xu Zhao. Activation of peroxymonosulfate by novel Pt/Al2O3 membranes via a nonradical mechanism for efficient degradation of electron-rich aromatic pollutants. Chemical Engineering Journal 2020, 381 , 122563. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.122563