Multicomponent Doped Sugar-Coated Nanofibers for Peroxymonosulfate Activation
- Liangyu WangLiangyu WangBeijing Laboratory of Biomedical Materials, Key Laboratory of Biomedical Materials of Nature Macromolecules (Beijing University of Chemical Technology), Ministry of Education, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, P. R. ChinaMore by Liangyu Wang,
- Jie DiJie DiBeijing Laboratory of Biomedical Materials, Key Laboratory of Biomedical Materials of Nature Macromolecules (Beijing University of Chemical Technology), Ministry of Education, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, P. R. ChinaMore by Jie Di,
- Jun NieJun NieBeijing Laboratory of Biomedical Materials, Key Laboratory of Biomedical Materials of Nature Macromolecules (Beijing University of Chemical Technology), Ministry of Education, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, P. R. ChinaMore by Jun Nie, and
- Guiping Ma*Guiping Ma*E-mail: [email protected]More by Guiping Ma
Advanced oxidation processes (AOPs) based on activation of peroxymonosulfate (PMS) to generate sulfate radicals have been extensively studied in the removal of organic pollutants in water. In this work, we prepared a Fe, Co activated and N, P co-doped carbon nanofiber catalyst named as Fe/Co-N/P-9 (carbonized at 900 °C) for the activation of PMS via the combination of porous metal–organic frameworks (MOF) materials with 1D carbon nanofibers. Graphite carbon nanofibers provided good electrical conductivity. Fe and Co could be used as catalytic active sites. Heteroatoms modified electronegativity of adjacent carbon for the adsorption of PMS. Sugar-coated haws stick structure provided large contact area and mass transfer channel, and the metal protected by graphite carbon layer improved the stability. Owing to the above advantages, the catalyst showed good performance for the degradation of rhodamine B (RhB) and the applicability of the catalyst under different conditions was also systematically studied. Radical quenching experiments and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) confirmed that both sulfate radicals (SO4–•) and hydroxyl radicals (·OH) existed in the system. This work provides a practiced idea for the preparation of efficient PMS activation catalysts.
This article is cited by 9 publications.
- Wenjia Mao, Xinting Wang, Xiaoli Hu, Zihan Lin, Zhongmin Su. Activation of Peroxymonosulfate by Co-Metal–Organic Frameworks as Catalysts for Degradation of Organic Pollutants. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2021, 60 (36) , 13223-13232. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.1c02259
- Yanli Zhao (Associate Editor of ACS Applied Nano Materials). A New Era of Metal–Organic Framework Nanomaterials and Applications. ACS Applied Nano Materials 2020, 3 (6) , 4917-4919. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.0c01241
- Yue Qin, Bo Wang, Xiao Hou, Linhong Li, Chunlong Guan, Zhongbin Pan, Maohua Li, Yuefeng Du, Yunxiang Lu, Xianzhe Wei, Shaoyang Xiong, Guichen Song, Chen Xue, Wen Dai, Cheng-Te Lin, Jian Yi, Nan Jiang, Jinhong Yu. Constructing Tanghulu-like [email protected] carbide nanowires for enhanced thermal conductivity of polymer composite. Composites Communications 2021, 29 , 101008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coco.2021.101008
- Lin Xu, Lifen Liu. Piezo-photocatalytic fuel cell with atomic [email protected] on CFC helical electrode has enhanced peroxymonosulfate activation, pollutant degradation and power generation. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2021, 659 , 120953. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2021.120953
- Guoqing Zhao, Jiao Zou, Xiaoqing Chen, Lukai Liu, Yinke Wang, Shu Zhou, Xinqi Long, Jingang Yu, Feipeng Jiao. Iron-based catalysts for persulfate-based advanced oxidation process: Microstructure, property and tailoring. Chemical Engineering Journal 2021, 421 , 127845. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.127845
- Zhaokun Xiong, Yanni Jiang, Zelin Wu, Gang Yao, Bo Lai. Synthesis strategies and emerging mechanisms of metal-organic frameworks for sulfate radical-based advanced oxidation process: A review. Chemical Engineering Journal 2021, 421 , 127863. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.127863
- Jian Ye, Jiangdong Dai, Dayi Yang, Chunxiang Li, Yongsheng Yan. 1D/2D nanoconfinement FexOy and nitrogen-doped carbon matrix for catalytic self-cleaning membranes removal for pollutants. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 2021, 9 (5) , 106076. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2021.106076
- Junjie Zhang, Pei Chen, Wenran Gao, Wei Wang, Fatang Tan, Xinyun Wang, Xueliang Qiao, Po Keung Wong. Melamine-cyanurate supramolecule induced graphitic N-rich graphene for singlet oxygen-dominated peroxymonosulfate activation to efficiently degrade organic pollutants. Separation and Purification Technology 2021, 265 , 118474. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2021.118474
- Yuhang Wu, Wenjing Ren, Yuwen Li, Junkuo Gao, Xiaogang Yang, Juming Yao. Zeolitic Imidazolate [email protected] aerogel for rapid and efficient degradation of organic pollutants. Journal of Solid State Chemistry 2020, 291 , 121621. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssc.2020.121621